Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Keeping the Trio Cooking - 31.5 Weeks

We knew from the start that the end of this pregnancy was going to be challenging. Seeing images like the one above of our little boy is enough to keep me going for another week. Our Baby B, the photogenic sweetie looks like he is showing off his bicep. I must say, he takes after me in that department already...ha ha. His lips are all Max. We would love to share pictures of our little girls but I guess they just want to surprise us the day they are born.

This past weekend was rough. I received a shot of progesterone on Friday (still an experimental drug to possibly help prevent preterm labor), and then another round of steroid shots (to help mature babies lungs in case of delivery in next week or so) on Saturday and Sunday. The combination of the drugs did not seem to have the most uplifting effect on me. I felt restless, headachy, sleepy, moody and just to give me that extra boost, gained 12 pounds in 4 days (Shrek feet and chipmunk face, lovely)! The doctors have been watching me like hawks.

Luckily things seem to be back on par. My bp's are still hovering around 130's/80's and I have been peeing like a champ (4 pounds down today from yesterday). My blood work is still fine and I have some energy back and actually feel pretty good now. I am determined to make it 5 more days at least. Ideally, I would love to go to July and get these babies even bigger and healthier (oh, and I love rubies).

I will update more soon with another belly shot. If you haven't been too blown away by the size of the belly yet. just wait....this next pic will be impressive :)

3 comments:

Grammyx5 said...

What a cute profile shot of him. I am sure the girls are just as precious. Keep them cooking and hang in there.
We love you all.

Nico said...

That is a really cute pic! It is so great that you're at 31.5 weeks and still going strong!

Living Stone said...

Yay - you're doing such a great job!!! Keep up the good "baking"....your little boy is absolutely precious....
Hoping and praying for your very best in the weeks to come.
I was a July baby, and rubies are awesome! =)