Thursday, June 5, 2008

Is that Baby A?

-"OK, "A" and "B" are definitely different".
-"No...wait, now they are the same. Actually, no those ARE two different babies"
-"Hold on, "C" just disappeared"
-"Those are definitely three different babies"
-"I have no idea if we have three different babies or not...we definitely have at least two different babies"
"Angle that one up, hold it....yep, now hold baby "A" down, don't press on Baby "C"'s, she doesn't like that."

You may think I am exaggerating but this is exactly what my "20" min (1 hour) daily baby monitoring sessions are like. Don't tell any nurses but I just chuckle during these sessions and think "good babies, way to give them a challenge".

Our growth scan yesterday went well. All three munchkins look good and approximate weights are:
Baby A = 3 lbs. (and is curled up into a tiny ball with her head against my cervix and nowhere to go..poor thing)
Baby B = 3 lbs. 4 oz. (he is spread out taking up 50% of the available space)
Baby C = 3 lbs. 2 oz.

My blood pressure is VERY slowly creeping up but still under the danger zone. My labs today came back fine so no changes evident in my blood yet. We really hope we can continue this trend and make it well into week 30 if not beyond.

5 comments:

MotherOf3Guys said...

I can feel those nurses sweating!! It is a real bummer trying to get those little babies on the monitors! Glad it's them and not me! Also happy for you that all is stable right now...keep up the good work!

Meluch+3 said...

That is exactly like every monitoring session I had! Don't worry, it gets better as they get bigger. With each day they have less and less space to move!

Glad you're still hanging in there!

Mel

Cara Maria McDonough said...

Good work babies!
Good work Karla! You're doing great.

Sarah said...

yeah karla, you are doing so well!! i'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital, but glad to hear you are holding those baby's in there and they are just getting bigger! :)
thinking the best thoughts for you, max and the little ones!

-sarah earnest

Nico said...

You totally crack me up. At least the monitoring sessions sound like they liven up your day :-) Keep it up!