Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mommy Brain x 3

I am slowly losing my mind. Something crazy happened the other night. I heard Marcus babbling in his crib and woke up and looked at my watch. It was 7 AM and I felt completely refreshed! I had not heard a peep out of the kids all night. I gleefully got up and prepped bottles. Like we do every morning, we gathered in the girls room for bottles, diaper changes and playtime. Although Marcus and Mia were in a great mood, Josie was very reluctant to get up. Once she finally decided to join the land of the living, her nor Marcus would drink their bottles. Oh well. Everyone was happily crawling around the room and babbling up a storm. We sang some songs, read some books and about an hour later it was time to go downstairs for breakfast. By this time Marcus was VERY fussy. I made a mental note to replace the battery in the girl's clock because I noticed it was stopped at 2:30. And, I noticed we must have gotten enough snow to cancel everything because my usual morning show was not on the radio.

I went to wake Max up to help me get the kids downstairs and noticed it was still very dark outside (I keep the blinds closed in the girls room). I looked back down at my watch and...DEVASTATION! It was in chrono mode...I had started my workout the night before exactly 7 hours ago. I switched to the correct mode and OH MY GOSH, IT WAS 3 AM! I got my triplets up at 2:00 AM, fed them and played with them for an hour! It is amazing how quickly your mood can change. No wonder the clock was "stuck" and my radio show was not on (we did get snow). After some moments of mortification I gathered myself together and put the kids back to bed. Marcus was asleep as soon as his head hit his mattress. The girls also quickly went back to sleep.

Thank heavens I didn't start a new routine...playtime at 3 AM. How humiliating. This story s a great example of triplet mommy brain.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Definitely a case of mommy brain x's 3. LOL!! At least they went right back to sleep.

Hey, a little play time in the middle of the night never hurt anyone. LOL!!!

Jessica Kreitzer said...

That's OK. I did that in high school quite a few times. Got up, showered and then realized it was the middle of the night. Crazy!

I love that picture of them. So cute!

Nico said...

That is *hysterical*. And I'm still a bit sleep deprived as Timmy's not sleeping through the night yet, I can totally see myself doing something like this. You're not alone!

MotherOf3Guys said...

Love this picture of the babies! What a cute idea and they all were looking up!