Thursday, December 4, 2008

Time Goes On...

I admit, now that I have become one of those "facebook crazies", I don't update my blog as much as I should. Facebook is so easy to use but it doesn't offer the luxury of bragging on my kiddos like this blog which is especially dedicated to them does.


So, kuddos to Josie and Mia for learning to turn from their backs to their tummy's on their 5 month birthday (they have all been turning from tummy to back for months). I know before long, they will be rolling around the room. Kuddos to Marcus for grabbing at EVERYTHING now. All the kids are eating cereal now. It is exciting but a little nostalgic to see these milestones go by. Since these WILL BE OUR ONLY CHILDREN, each milestone reached is the first and last time we will experience the pride that comes along with it.

Along with the nostalgia of milestones come and gone I have been a little envious of the typical new parents who have one baby at a time. There is no denying life with triplets can be a little restricting and take a bit of extra work. Here are a few complications of life with 3 babies:

- Going anywhere takes at least 15 minutes to prepare.
- Forget about running into the store to grab a few quick items
- We rarely travel to anyone's house anymore. If you want to see us, you'll have to come here. Besides that, our babies are preemies so we have to be extra cautious of any illnesses getting passed around.
- Almost a year has gone by since we have seen some of our friends
- Taking our child out to a restaurant...I can't even imagine..
- Hiring a babysitter - It is tough to find someone with the experience to care for 3 infants.
- I take about 20 trips up and down the stairs each day between the 3 kids.
- Craziness of trips away - It is great to go out of town to visit people but it is also complicated. The daily business of triplets does not go away, there are still a ton of bottles to wash, formula to prepare, laundry to do, etc.


Since this is such an honest post, it is only reasonable to share the unbelievable joy of having triplets.

- Being greeted by three smiling faces every morning melts your heart
- Watching siblings share such a close bond is amazing. Mia screamed at the doctor's office the other day after her brother and sister received their shots just as loud as if she had already gotten the shot herself. At the same time, she laughs when Marcus giggles as if she was experiencing the "funny" firsthand.
- The amazement in people's eyes when they see triplets.
- The feeling of accomplishment watching each of my three healthy thriving babies fall asleep each night.
- Being able to compare each of the three VERY different temperaments of our clan.
- Watching our kids grow up together
- Having a complete family in one go.
- Love x 3

Yes, having triplets can be challenging, isolating, and downright tiresome. However, this unique and magical experience is a blessing. We are so grateful for each day.

Truly, our life may seem hard to comprehend to some folks but it seems quite ordinary to us. Love, fun, adventure x 3, yippee!

2 comments:

Nico said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been five months already!!! The kids are gorgeous :-) And I have to say, my hat's off to you if it only takes you fifteen minutes to prepare to go out of the house - it takes me a heck of a lot longer than that and I only have two!

Amber said...

Wow it sounds like our life hehe. I can't believe how big all of them have gotten I remember the days of the NICU like it was yesterday.