Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Half-Year

One year ago, your father and I found out we were having triplets. The doctor told us he had no explanation, "it seems there may be some divine intervention going on here" he said.

At the time we did not know what we were in for. We were frightened, stunned and confused. We knew having three babies could be very complicated. We were sent to a special doctor who helped us feel calm and confident. We became excited to be blessed with such an amazing gift.

While carrying you in my tummy, things got scary. We thought you might come 4 months early, the world would have been a very dangerous place for you at that time. But together we held on. Your father and I spent a long time in the hospital so you would have more time in my tummy and less time in a lonely stark hospital bed. It worked. You three angels entered the world at 33 weeks, the average for triplet babies.

It has been a very hard but very fun 6 months. You have taught mommy and daddy a lot of lessons. We have learned to love, laugh, sacrifice and conquer.

Mia - You may look like your daddy but you take a lot after your mommy. You may come across as shy and be a little weary of new situations but once you warm up, you are all smiles and your personality lights up the room. As petite as you may be, you are not underestimated. You often accomplish things well before your brother and sister.



Marcus - Some days I may feel sad but as soon as I look at you, your smile brightens my life. You are my charmer. My sweet and sensitive prince. Already letting your sisters go first and bringing a smile to every lady in the room, you are going to grow up to make someone feel they have hit the jackpot in a husband.


Josie - Oh my dear Josie. How can a child bring a mommy so many headaches in the first 3 months and then turn into such a gentle loving soul? I love how your entire face smiles when you are happy. I am already a little jealous of your strength and strong will. If you want to be held, so be it. If you are ready to get up, we will all start our day at 6 AM. Although you are not quite ready to crawl, you will lay with your face planted into the floor and your butt up high determined to try, try, try.



This past year has been the hardest year of my life. These past 6 months have been some of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. I never imagined 3 little souls could make two bigger souls open up and shine so bright. I never imagined parenthood being like this, some downs but always more ups and always a BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you my miracles! Happy 6 month birthday!

3 comments:

Dr. Beth Evans said...

I can't believe that the kids are already 6 months old! They are so cute too! Congrats on the first 6 months and Happy New Year!

Megan said...

Very cute kids! Congrats on 6 months!(Mine too) Where did the time go??? They are growing so fast!

Sarah said...

What a sweet post! Happy 6 mo. birthday to you and your little ones!!