Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're not preemies anymore!

It happened. We are out of preemie clothes and we are also leaving the preemie stage.

While Mia was in the NICU, the nurses always giggled and winked at each other when we told them how easy the babies were at home."Preemies are fun...enjoy it, it won't last once they find their voice".

"WAAAAAAAAAAAA"

It didn't last. Our babies did indeed find their voice. We have entered a whole new world...newborns!

Remember my post about getting 9 hours of sleep? You knew it was coming, I'm eating my words now. I live on 5-6.

By the way ladies, you read all these pregnancy books about what to expect of your body while pregnant....where are the postpartum books? I'm not about to go into details but if you are pregnant, look it up now! Especially what to expect in the first few days...although your body will surprise you for months.

Oh, and coffee is my drug of choice now...and it is not that bad cold.

4 comments:

Meluch+3 said...

Ha ha. I could have written this post a few months ago. Just wait until their lungs catch up with their newfound voices! But that will come with tons of smiles and cooing and recognition of you, so it's all worth it in the end.

Mel

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Max and Karla said...

FYI, just to be clear "postpartum" refers to after birth. I'm not referring to postpartum depression here...thats about the only thing the books do talk about. I'm talking about stretch marks where I never thought they'd appear and sunken in ab muscles. I tend to be quite sarcastic in my posts...no worries nat, I don't really require drugs to stay sane...yet ;)

Living Stone said...

Awww - one of the many "stages" to go through. Keep up the good work!!!
I've heard that expresso beans are yummy and easy to carry with you.