Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Coordinating the Cocoon…

I will post another belly shot next week and this post will make so much more sense:) The other night I was climbing back into bed after my 4th trip to the bathroom, when I toppled over onto Max while trying to curl back up in my pregnancy pillow. At 4 AM, we both found it surprisingly funny. The commotion seemed to wake up the babies and for the first time, Max was able to feel one of the little kiddos kicking. What a joy.

I am feeling the kiddos more and more; although I cannot tell who is who. The boy seems to have the strongest kicks; I can already see them through my clothes. Girl A seems the calmest, or else is just lying in a harder position to feel. It is definitely reassuring to feel the little guys move.

As I am approaching the 20 week mark, I had my first scare right on cue. This morning I began having frequent BH contractions…4 in one hour. The nurse informed me to drink water, lie down and call back if I had more than 6 an hour. As soon as I lied down and drank up, they disappeared for the rest of the day.

As a standard precaution, I am supposed to start taking things much easier. That means staying off my feet for most of the day and stopping work at 24 weeks. After this morning, I am appreciating the importance this will play. It is very hard to feel so defeated sometimes but I want these babies to stay in as long as possible! Max has been great by helping out around the house and even making dinner. We know we face a few hard months ahead but it will all be worth it in the end.

My next doctor appt. is Thursday. Updates to come….

1 comment:

Meluch+3 said...

20 weeks is awesome! Keep up the good work momma.