Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just a few more pictures....


I cannot believe the changes that take place every day in the NICU! Today Marcus was in an open crib when we arrived! This is the last "house" they live in before they go home. Marcus still has things to learn though...like eating from his bottle. We expect it to be a few more weeks before he's ready to leave the NICU. Josie and Mia both moved into isolettes. Also, Josie now gets to wear clothes and try to regulate her own temp. Mia still needs to gain some weight before she can graduate to clothes. Here are the cute pics for today.

I think Marcus has Max's eyes...don't you!


Max is holding Josie up to her sister Mia. Poor Mia, Josie stole a significant amount of the food in utero also.
I must give mad props to Max! He is the most talented dad ever! The NICU staff wants to hire him! He changes diapers, puts the babies and their wires back into their complicated houses, feeds one baby while shushing the other to sleep...the list goes on and on. He is teaching me how to parent at this point! What a wonderful man!
Finally, our girls have some signature poses. Josie, the rockstar that she is, loves to wave at people. Here she is waving to Uncle Nick on her second day of life.

Amelia is my little diva. She always looks like she's sunbathing with one foot propped up on her bed. She also always has her hands tucked under her chin. How precious is she!

I know I need to write about my whole birth story. It was a really funny story and I can't wait to tell everyone about it. As soon as I can detach myself from the pump for any length of time, I will share. It involves some crazy nurse and a very excited mom!

2 comments:

The Hughes Triplets said...

Hey all..

Glad to see things are going well. Amber got your email...We are having a few internet problems. However we really having nothing bad to say.. If you want email Amber you phone # and she can give you a call and answer any question..

Living Stone said...

Your both are such amazing parents....isn't it the most lovely thing to watch your hubby become a dad?
Your little munchkins are so sweet and much congrats on all the steps of progress they are making...
God bless!