Sunday, April 27, 2008

You don't recognize me....it must be the hair.

The other day a previous client of mine at Campus Recreation looked directly at me as she walked by and didn't acknowledge me. I thought this was rather odd so I approached her. After a few seconds I could see something click, "Oh my gosh, I didn't recognize you, last year your hair was long and you weren't pregnant." Now, I know going from medium length hair to medium short hair can be a drastic change but I have had much larger transformations that my husband didn't notice. Let's talk about the elephant in the room, shall we?

Last year I spent most days at work looking like the picture on the left. Yes, that is me working. It is no wonder I have absolutely no rings that still fit on my fingers and all my custom sized necklaces now are uncomfortable chokers. I must admit, there are days I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. Being pregnant with triplets you will never hear "You look gorgeous with your cute little baby bump" after 16 weeks. And if you do, you know people are just being nice.

I can't honestly say I like the extra 40 lbs I have put on. However, I certainly know this is best for the babies so I will continue to try adding on an addition 10-20 lbs. in the next few months. This is actually good for business (personal trainer/lifestyle coach). After all, I worked my butt off to be in great shape most my life. But, I still think it is nice for clients to know that at one time I was 50+ lbs heavier and it was no fun trying to get BACK into shape.

I'll continue to indulge in steak, Ben and Jerry's, high calorie smoothies and all my favorite kid cereals. And the next time someone says they didn't recognize me because of my hair, I will smile and say "yep, the hair is definitely different this year".

1 comment:

Michelle Williams said...

HEY THERE KARLA AND MAX, THAT IS JUST ALL BABIES THERE. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND THAT I AM GOING TO MASS TODAY AND OFFERING IT UP FOR YOU AND YOUR 3 LITTLE ONES WE WANT THEM TO GET BIGGER AND STRONGER BEFORE ENTERING THIS WORLD. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON SATURDAY. LOVE, AUNT SHELLY